AAO Outstanding Contribution Award
The AAO Distinguished Service Award Committee is requesting nominations for the AAO Outstanding Contribution Award for 2020. The Committee is composed of the eight most recent past presidents, each representing one of the eight constituent organizations. Nominations may come from the following sources:
Please follow these guidelines during your selection and nomination process:
- Each constituent organization or WFO-affiliated organization may submit one nomination per year.
- Any group of five or more American Association of Orthodontists’ members may submit a nomination.
All nominations must remain confidential. Any announcement, disclosure or campaign on behalf of a nominee may disqualify that candidate for the year in which he or she is nominated.
- The complete nomination must be submitted by March 31, 2019. No nomination will be considered if it is received after March 31.
- The letter of nomination is to include a description of the particular achievements of the nominee, a brief background statement supporting the nomination along with appropriate credentials and curriculum vitae.
- Each organization shall determine how its nominee is to be selected and need not limit itself to choosing only from its own membership.
- A formerly nominated individual may be re-nominated. Only current nominees or re-nominations will be among those considered for the 2020 award.
- Who may be nominated? Any person who has rendered distinguished service to the American Association of Orthodontists and to the specialty of orthodontics.
The person may be an orthodontist, come from an allied health field, from the corporate environment or be a private individual.
A monetary award of $1,500 will be given to the recipient. In addition, recipients receive Round trip economy airfare for two plus ground transportation between home/hotel/airports; Three nights room at an AAO designated leadership hotel (direct billed to AAO); a $75 per diem for three days to cover meals and incidental expenses; Two tickets to the VIP section for Opening Ceremonies at Annual Session; Six complimentary tickets to the Excellence in Orthodontics Luncheon at the Annual Session.
The 2019 AAO Annual Session will be May 3-7, 2019 in Los Angeles, CA. An AAO committee of past presidents will select the recipient in 2019 for recognition at the 2020 Annual Session. The 2020 AAO Annual Session will be May 1-5 in Atlanta, GA.
Nominations should be submitted online. If you have questions, please contact
Lisa Chandler, email@example.com -- verification of submissions